Pallets make great building blocks for all sorts of DIY projects. You can often find pallets for free, making them a budget-friendly option as well. Why not put them to good use to build your own doghouse?
The size and structure of pallets enable you to put together a sturdy yet eye-appealing doghouse. If you’re looking to use pallets to build your dog a better shelter from the outside elements, read on!
We’ve compiled a list of nine free pallet doghouse plans, taking care to only select the best plans that are easy to DIY. The tools and supplies are listed so you can see everything you’ll need to get the job done. Hopefully, you’ll find a pallet doghouse project that your dog can enjoy and find homey.
1. Pallet Doghouse Plan From DIY Craftsy
With step-by-step instructions and helpful accompanying photos, DIY Craftsy walks you through this easy-to-DIY plan for a doghouse. A full, intact wooden pallet works as the base. Slats from deconstructed pallets provide the framing of the housing, as well as the walls and the roof.
- Forged steel head for superior durability
- ProTouch grip for maximum comfort even after prolonged use
2. DIY Tutorial: How to Build a Pallet Doghouse From Easy Pallet Ideas
While these plans don’t go into great detail, they will give you plenty of ideas for how to build a multi-room doghouse. Built with a full pallet base and deconstructed pallets for the structure and the roof, this doghouse comes with a place to store your dog’s food dish and a smaller living space if you happen to have more than one dog residing in the house.
- 3.0 Amp motor spins the pad at 8,000 - 12,000 OPM
- Shorter height minimizes the distance between user and work piece
3. How to Build a Doghouse Out of Pallets — Step-by-Step Tutorial From The Saw Guy
By using full pallets and pallet slats, The Saw Guy offers step-by-step plans for an easy-to-DIY doghouse. The finished product is a sturdy shelter for your dog. To help you better understand the plans, a link to a video tutorial is included.
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (10.6 pounds) that is well balanced and jobsite tough
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 5,800 RPM for proven performance and jobsite durability
4. How to Build a Doghouse out of Pallets by Saws Hub
These step-by-step instructions go into detail and provide useful tips for working with pallets. The finished doghouse has a classic pitched roof with an overhang above the door. You can either stain or paint your doghouse once it’s constructed.
- PORTABILITY: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- EASY ADJUSTMENTS: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and...
5. How to Build a Doghouse With Recycled Pallets by Silverline Tools
If you prefer to follow a video for building plans, this video tutorial from Silverline Tools provides you with easy DIY directions and pointers for making your own doghouse out of recycled pallets. The finished doghouse has a classic, attractive design and is the ideal size for small to medium dogs.
- Includes one 16-inch saw blade
- Blade is more rigid than typical 16-inch saw blades
6. Rustic Pallet Dog House by Easy Pallet Ideas
For a pallet doghouse with a metal roof and an eye-catching rustic design, Easy Pallet Ideas gives you step-by-step instructions. Although their steps are not detailed, their included photos help explain how this doghouse is constructed.
- CORDLESS AIR COMPRESSOR: The BTFP02012 is at 6 gallons, 150PSI, and 2.6SCFM with a high efficiency...
- BRAD NAILER: The SB-1850BN drives 18-gauge Brad Nails from 5/8" to 2" for a wide variety of...
7. Pallet Dog House With Veranda — DIY by Easy Pallet Ideas
Easy Pallet Ideas offers plans for a doghouse made out of pallets with a veranda. This doghouse has both a metal roof and metal siding. Pictures accompany basic steps for constructing this sturdy doghouse with a cute front porch. These plans explain how to incorporate dowels for a sturdier build.
- Deluxe pallet buster is designed for disassembling pallets easily
- Articulating head won't break or split the wood
8. Recycled Pallet Dog House by Easy Pallet Ideas
This design from Easy Pallet Ideas features a doghouse with solid walls, which offers your dog added security. It uses a unique idea of using a hinged roof for easy access inside the doghouse. While this website lacks detailed instructions, it offers pictures to help you better understand the project.
- Angled tip creates a high-leverage fulcrum for prying or lifting
- Sharpened chisel end wedges into tight spaces
9. Pallet Wood Dog Kennel by 1o1 Pallets
Made of dismantled pallet slats, this doghouse from 1o1 Pallets has a classic doghouse shape with a wide front door opening. The roof has an attractive shingled look. These plans do not go into great detail. However, the included photos offer building inspiration.
- Easy-to-use, water based adhesive with Gorilla holding power
- Best for building, carpentry or hobby projects using any type of wood
- 1. Pallet Doghouse Plan From DIY Craftsy
- 2. DIY Tutorial: How to Build a Pallet Doghouse From Easy Pallet Ideas
- 3. How to Build a Doghouse Out of Pallets — Step-by-Step Tutorial From The Saw Guy
- 4. How to Build a Doghouse out of Pallets by Saws Hub
- 5. How to Build a Doghouse With Recycled Pallets by Silverline Tools
- 6. Rustic Pallet Dog House by Easy Pallet Ideas
- 7. Pallet Dog House With Veranda — DIY by Easy Pallet Ideas
- 8. Recycled Pallet Dog House by Easy Pallet Ideas
- 9. Pallet Wood Dog Kennel by 1o1 Pallets